QMT Productions

Because real life is boring
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:40 am 
Member Lvl II
Member Lvl II

So anyone willing to enlighten me on how gremlin work with the new upkeep? This is the one strategy I never done , I understand there is a diminishing returns if you have more than 70% into farm just curious if there is anything else I'm missing. Any advice is appreciated in advance. (:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:32 am 
Veteran Lvl IV
Veteran Lvl IV

To repost a bit of info from another thread on how farming works:

ShootMe wrote:

X-axis (horizontal) = % of land built as farms (with remaining land being anything except unused land)
Y-axis (vertical) = Amount of food produced

Some key things to note: Around the 70% mark, there is very little benefit in adding more farms. From 70% to 88% the overall gain in food production is around 5%. Around 88% land, building more farms actually leads to an overall drop in food production due to diminishing returns in the formula (The higher your ratio of farms/land is, the less food each individual farm produces).

With the new upkeep, my guess is it would play pretty similar to indy, aside from primarily focusing on farms, such as running 60-70% farm, 20-30% smiths, and the rest as mage towers. If you do run gremlin in this fashion, its best to get into the future asap to get the indy bonus to offset the racial indy penalty it has. Anything lower in farms I would suggest just using a goblin or dwarf to run a hybrid with (has 12-14% indy bonus but neutral in farming, while gremlin has 18% farm bonus but 14% indy penalty)

Gremlin can also be useful as a breaker in a war. As they don't benefit much in food production past 70% farms and have a respectable offense bonus, they could devote the rest of that land to keeps to keep their attack upkeep low (42.85% keeps to achieve a 75% cost reduction, or 30% achieves a 52.5% cost reduction). I would personally suggest just going down the full cost reduction path if you plan to utilize this at all as max cost reduction means you only pay 25% upkeep, while 30% keeps leaves you paying 47.5% of full upkeep which is nearly double. Also a feasible option for regular clan play if you have enough indies in your clan to supply you with troops, allowing you to attack big targets for land for cheap, though I would not suggest keeps at all if you don't plan on attacking big targets.

Grems can also go relatively high on the mage count to CB non-mage targets and MUF high targets for land too.

Last edited by ShootMe on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:35 am 
Postmaster Lvl IV
Postmaster Lvl IV

Another important thing to consider is keeping grains or cash on you is begging for storms or embezzles, so instead of worrying about getting robbed or undercut by $9 grains you should try setting up a deal with someone where you supply them and they pay you all at once at or near the end.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:15 am 
Member Lvl II
Member Lvl II

Fantastic chart , Shoot. I appreciate the guidance guys. (:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:49 pm 
Veteran Lvl II
Veteran Lvl II

well your also working with the best grem here lol so i will def be happy to show you :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:17 am 
Legend: Isn't that guy the USIMP Prez?

Utopia101 wrote:
well your also working with the best grem here lol so i will def be happy to show you :)

Rather large ego there... ;)

USIMP President
QMT Awards Coordinator
Hall of Fame Member -- July 2010
Best All-Around Player -- 2011
Best Team Player -- 2010, 2011, 2012
Best Leader -- 2010, 2011
Hardest Worker -- 2010, 2011
Best Killer -- 2011
Best Farmer -- 2011, 2012
Most Influential Player -- 2011
Maybe Next Time! -- 2011

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:11 am 
Member Lvl II
Member Lvl II

Raven wrote:
Utopia101 wrote:

Rather large ego there... ;)
Well in his defense you're "incognito" and therefore not around to defend your title as the greatest gremlin. :dreds:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:36 pm 
Veteran Lvl II
Veteran Lvl II

utopias strat for farming hit the farm button 250 turns diont know where you get the land from apparently to satan it just magically appears

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:06 pm 
Veteran Lvl III
Veteran Lvl III

Looking at your empire it don't know how to appear lmao what a nub. Oh by the way one would have to be knowledgable on how to hit or explore. You my friend have zero skills on either lol showing where you are on the score list lol

"I'm one helluva liar. Most of my adult life, I've been accused of being a charlatan, a phony, an impostor. I guess that makes me about as close to what the Devil's supposed to be, as anyone. It's true. I lie constantly, incessantly. Because I lie so often, I'd really be full of chit if I didn't keep my mouth shut and my bowels open."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:23 am 

Satans strat involves bending over and letting which ever clan his is in tickel his insides.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:54 am 
Veteran Lvl III
Veteran Lvl III

Oh I'm sry is your mouth running ? Oh it is but yet won't show yourself in game huh why is that you coward ? You so good why don't you teach me a lesson and beat me down ? Or you to much of a coward like the rest of the sh@t talkers in here that can't back there game ?

"I'm one helluva liar. Most of my adult life, I've been accused of being a charlatan, a phony, an impostor. I guess that makes me about as close to what the Devil's supposed to be, as anyone. It's true. I lie constantly, incessantly. Because I lie so often, I'd really be full of chit if I didn't keep my mouth shut and my bowels open."